Importing interpolated data

Henk Coetzee henkc at geoscience.org.za
Wed Aug 4 09:16:44 EDT 1999

Hi

I am looking for ways of importing already interpolated data from
Generic Mapping Tools (gmt) which uses the NetCDF data format. Grass's
interpolation tools are good, but I find them extremely slow, compared
to the tools from gmt. The nature of the gmt algorithms is such that I
could produce perfectly matching regions. Is there a way to do this? An
alternative would be to write the data back to x,y,z values from the
grid, bring it in as a site file and write that to a raster. Any ideas??

Henk

Henk Coetzee
Geophysics Unit
Council for Geoscience
Private Bag X112, Pretoria, 0001, South Africa
Tel: +27-12-841-1192   Fax: +27-12-841-1424