More on modelling and Grass

Roy Sanderson R.A.Sanderson at newcastle.ac.uk
Wed Oct 27 08:10:23 EDT 1999

Hello All

I don't know whether this is relevant to this disucssion, but as I recall,
when the first PC version of Grass was launched by LAS about 5 years ago,
it contained some sort of Grass 'Visual Toolbox', allowing you to link
various Grass routines together directly through the GUI.  The publicity
gave the impression that this would be similar to linking modelling
components together in a program such as ModelMaker.  I've not tried
Grassland, so I can't say how good this approach is, but has anyone tried
to use this feature regularly, and would an extension of that approach
provide both power and simplicity for the non-programmer that many comments
suggest?  Unfortunately, I suspect that the code is not in the public
domain however.

Roy