RH6.2 and GRASS5 (NVIZ - Mesa problem)

Trond Rafoss trond.rafoss at planteforsk.no
Tue Apr 25 04:47:14 EDT 2000

Dear Grass users.

Recently I upgraded from Redhat linux ver. 6.1 to ver. 6.2

Still running Grass5b6 I got the following message when I started Nviz:

GRASS:~ > nviz2.2
/usr/local/grass-5.0b/etc/bin/contrib/cmd/NVWISH2.2: error in loading shared
libraries: libMesaGLU.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory
GRASS:~ >

RH6.2 comes with Mesa ver. 3.2 which I guess is the problem.
I have now also tried Grass5b7, but still have the same problem.

Maybe compilation of Grass on my system could solve the problem - I have so
far used the precompiled binaries.

Any suggestions ?

Best regards from

Trond Rafoss