[GRASSLIST:2350] Re: Problems with projection conversion of vector files

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Aug 16 17:08:28 EDT 2001

On Thu, 16 Aug 2001, anne-claire serres wrote:

> I am using the v.proj command in order to convert a vector map that is in
> lat, long with the lambert conical conform projection. So the 'first'
> location is in lat, long and the 'second' location is a lambert conical
> conform projection of the same area.

> >From the 'second' location, I use the v.proj command and the map is
> converting (positive message).

> I select the 'vector display' and choose the projected map: the map is
> 'displayed' ( positive message) but it doesn't appear in the monitor. Why?

  The region of the 'second' location may not quite match that of the map
you want to display.

  From that location/mapset, do:

	d.vect map=<map_name>
	g.region vect=<map_name>
	d.erase
	d.vect map=<map_name>

and you should now see all the map. If you do not, please report back.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
 + 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax) | rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
                 Making environmentally-responsible mining happen.