[GRASSLIST:1564] Re: GRASS on PowerPC

brian_adams at jbadams.com brian_adams at jbadams.com
Wed Mar 7 10:43:18 EST 2001

I am running GRASS 5.0b7 on a mac 9500 running LinuxPPC.  It works
fine for me.  I think the problem is that you are trying to run it
under Mac OS 9 (8.x).  Won't work.  There have been some reports on
success compiling it to run under Mac OS X, but that OS doesn't
even come out officially for another two weeks.

I would suggest getting a copy of LinuxPPC (or Yellow Dog) and
installing it on a partition on your powerbook.  Then download the
latest 5.0 version and start the compile process.  It isn't the
simplest thing to do, but it works, and GRASS runs great on it.

I didn't know that there was a ppc.rpm binary out there.  Is there?

Brian