[GRASSLIST:1560] GRASS on PowerPC

Lisa Zygo Lisa_Zygo at baylor.edu
Wed Mar 7 11:43:23 EST 2001

GRASS users:

I received an e-mail and phone call from Lyle Browning, who is trying to
install the PowerPC version of GRASS.  The directions at
ftp://intevation.de/freegis/ are a bit vague.  I am sending this request
for help on behalf of Lyle (lebrowning at worldnet.att.net).  He wants to
know what all he needs to download and what to expect.  At this point,
he receives a "real time player error".  The following is his original
e-mail:
--
Hello,

Having seen that GRASS works on the Power PC platform, I
downloaded the 4.3 version and can't get it to do anything,
completely unrecognizable, etc.

What do I need to do to get this program up and running on
my Powerbook G3?

Thanks in advance.

Lyle
--