[GRASSLIST:1635] 5.0b11 problem with d.mon

brian_adams at jbadams.com brian_adams at jbadams.com
Mon Mar 19 11:48:41 EST 2001

I just upgraded from b7 to b11 and I am getting the d.mon problem
that a few others mentioned.  When I run d.mon start=x0 I get

Sorry, </usr/local/grass5/dev/fifo.1a> not available
Have GRASS adminstrator check etc/monitorcap file
Can't stat /usr/local/grass5/dev/fifo.1a
Problem selecting x0. Will try once more
Can't stat /usr/local/grass5/dev/fifo.1a

I don't have an /etc/monitorcap file.  How is this created?  Also,
/usr/local/grass5/dev is a shell script, not a directory.

Brian