[GRASSLIST:2671] Re: Is GRASS for me?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Nov 19 09:18:16 EST 2001

On Sun, Nov 18, 2001 at 12:57:00AM +0100, Klaus Drechsler wrote:
> for a research job at my univerity I have do to the following:
>
> I have a mobile client with an GPS receiver and a server running GRASS.
> I want the mobile client to transmit coordinates received from the GPS
> receiver to the GRASS server and the server should return me a part of a
> map (my position and the neigbourhood) in jpg/gif (or whatever).
>
> Is this possible with GRASS? Or which software should I look at?
> Where should I start?

Also check www.freegis.org,
you'll find a lot of methods to interface gps receivers there.

In general it is easy to script grass.
So I suggest that you start with the access to the gps and
then triggering a grass script.

	Bernhard

The FreeGIS Project                                         (freegis.org)
FSF Europe                                            	  (fsfeurope.org)