[GRASSLIST:3461] Re: r.thin

Roger Miller rgrmill at rt66.com
Sat Apr 6 13:46:36 EST 2002

On Saturday 06 April 2002 12:16, Francesco wrote:

> There are some particular tricks for vectorialize a raster?
> Any of you has the same problem?

I don't know what's going on with your result, so my input may or maynot be
helpful.  I've found that it helps a lot to use an image editor on the tiff
file before it's imported.  Gimp works very well for that.  Reduce the image
to black and white and remove any feature from the image that you don't want
in the vector file.  That might mean for example removing lettering, arrows
or symbols that don't import well.  Simplify the image as much as possible
before you try to vectorize it.

Roger Miller