[GRASSLIST:2847] Re: Need instuctions?

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Thu Jan 3 10:16:46 EST 2002

On Thu, 3 Jan 2002 09:37:40 -0500 , "Kidd, James P." <james.kidd at Covance.Com> wrote:

> Eric:
>
> Sounds like I should be able to do what I need.  Say I have a couple of
> files:
>
> 	BeechGrove.dem, Fosterville.dem
>
> What it the syntax to import them into GRASS and then patch them together?

What's a *.dem file?  Are they ASCII, raw binary, what?  I can't tell you
what syntax or import module to use, 'cause I have no idea what format
the files are in or if there's even a grass module to support it.  I'm going
to guess they are compatible with ESRI's Arc/Info ASCII grid files, and
say use r.in.arc.

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>