[GRASSLIST:2848] Re: Need instuctions?

Kidd, James P. james.kidd at Covance.Com
Thu Jan 3 11:23:46 EST 2002

Eric:

They are an acsii file.

James Kidd
SAS Liaison Programmer
Covance Central Laboratory Services
8211 SciCor Dr
Indianapolis, Indiana 46214
james.kidd at covance.com
1-317-273-4914

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric G. Miller [mailto:egm2 at jps.net]
Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2002 10:17 AM
To: GRASSLIST at baylor.edu
Subject: [GRASSLIST:2847] Re: Need instuctions?

On Thu, 3 Jan 2002 09:37:40 -0500 , "Kidd, James P."
<james.kidd at Covance.Com> wrote:

> Eric:
>
> Sounds like I should be able to do what I need.  Say I have a couple of
> files:
>
> 	BeechGrove.dem, Fosterville.dem
>
> What it the syntax to import them into GRASS and then patch them together?

What's a *.dem file?  Are they ASCII, raw binary, what?  I can't tell you
what syntax or import module to use, 'cause I have no idea what format
the files are in or if there's even a grass module to support it.  I'm going
to guess they are compatible with ESRI's Arc/Info ASCII grid files, and
say use r.in.arc.

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail transmission
may contain confidential or legally privileged
information that is intended only for the individual
or entity named in the e-mail address. If you are not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any disclosure, copying, distribution, or reliance
upon the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this e-mail transmission in error,
please reply to the sender, so that we can arrange
for proper delivery, and then please delete the message
from your inbox. Thank you.