[GRASSLIST:3284] Re: Topmodel parameter file

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon Mar 4 10:06:46 EST 2002

On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 09:54:40AM -0500, Wouter Buytaert wrote:

> >  The TOPMODEL code is very good and topinx has the multiple flow
> > algorithm
> >  which works nicely on hillslopes (too bad that you cannot get the
> > upslope
> >  area too from it), so it would be nice if somebody could take it, add
> >  additional useful outputs and write decent manual.
> >
> >  Perhaps we find someone to write an improved manual page including an
> >  example (eventually based on the parameter files in the source code)?
> >

> Well, if I can get it working, it will be a pleasure to write an
> improved manual.

This sounds very good!

> However, until now, there are some major problems I
> encounter:
>
> - A "topographic index statistics file" is necessary as input. However,
> the original TOPMODEL program doesn't need such a file. So I really
> don't know what it would be.

You may want to try
r.avgstats
prints out averaged statistics for topographic index.

No idea if it helps.

> - In my Mac OS X pre3 version, the r.water.outlet command is missing,
> necessary to create a basin map. Did it disappear in the recent version,
> or is it just a flaw in the precompiled macOS X version?

It is possible that we had temporarily commented it (due to malfunction
which was NOT confirmed). Maybe someone who compiled GRASS on
MacOSX could send the binaries to you (I can help to extract it, will
be two files).

Markus