[GRASSLIST:3394] Sites

Harald Wehr hwehr at hs-harz.de
Wed Mar 27 04:01:38 EST 2002

Actually i want to display some digitized sites via mapserver. As
mapserver can read shape-files i wanted to produce a shape-file from my
sites.

First I tried to convert the site-file to vector-format with
"s.to.vect". Converting the vector to shape (v.out.shape) brings no
result. What happens here? Are the points not treated as lines in the
vector-format?

I also saw the command "s.buffer" in the man-pages, but didn't find it
in my installed grass.

Can you give me other hints how to show grass-sites in mapserver?

Thanks in advance

Harald