[GRASSLIST:3677] Re: problem importing e00 files

Radim Blazek blazek at itc.it
Fri May 17 02:59:23 EDT 2002

On Friday 17 May 2002 12:04 am, Allard, Yannick (EXP) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have problem importing .e00 file with grass 5 (and grass4.3). The problem
> is for polygon coverage. The export format of arc/info for polygon coverage
> do not include any PAL or PAT section but only an AAT section, so grass
> doesn't recognize it as a polygon coverage. It is possibly due to a change
> in arc/info .e00 file in the new version of arc/info.
>
> in the last version the files were name like ******l.** for lines entity,
> ******a.** for area but the new version saves area file like ******d.***
> for "line entity delineating an area".
>
> I have try everything that I've saw in the grass list concerning the e00
> files but none of them work. I have no problem with m.in.e00 for generating
> the vector map but when I try to generate a raster, it just won't work
> properly cause no polygon are detected. ( I have also tried to change all L
> by A in the files generated by grass but it dont do anything).
>
> Also, editing all the files manually in v.digit would be to much work cause
> I have about 250 files to integrate and dont have enough time to do it with
> v.digit.
>
> Do anyone has any idea. Any suggestion would be appreciated...
>
> Tanks in advance
>
> Yannick Allard

What is the output of v.support?
Where did you change all L by A?
What is the type of lines in vector
( v.out.ascii -> lines in dig_ascii is L or A)?
Have you tried v.line2area?
What is the type of attributes in dig_att (A/L)?
Are lines closed polygons
( v.out.ascii -> are first and last coordinates for each line identical)?
Have you tried v.support map= err=tmp; d.vect err=tmp
(available in grass5.0pre4 or CVS only)?
Which version of grass5?

Radim