[GRASSLIST:5108] NVIZ fails - cannot find libpg.so.2

Geoff Chinn chinng at normin.com
Thu Nov 28 10:34:37 EST 2002

Hi,

When I try to start NVIZ it fails with the error message...

/usr/local/grass5/etc/nviz2.2/NVWISH2.2: error while loading shared library:
 libpg.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

When I compiled Grass 5.0 on Red Hat 7.3 OS I had to specify these
parameters...

./configure --with-postgres-includes='/usr/local/pgsql/include/internal
/usr/local/pgsql/include'
 --with-postgres-libs='/usr/local/pgsql/lib'

I have tried putting symbolic inks to libpg.so.2 in /usr/lib with no effect.

I'm a grass-linux newbie so assuming that I know what I'm doing would be
a mistake.

Can anyone help?

Geoff