[GRASSLIST:4487] Re: how to generate high resolution image?

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Thu Sep 12 22:07:52 EDT 2002

On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 07:25:32PM +0100, Glynn Clements wrote:

> Do you know whether PowerPoint imports *any* vector formats? EPS
> doesn't really count if it's only displaying the preview bitmap.

It supports wmf, but beware font issues.  When I create maps
for folks to be used in slides, I turn them into PNG's via
ghostscript:

$ gs -r150x150 -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -sDEVICE=png16m -dTextAlphaBits=1 \
-dGraphicsAlphaBits=4 -sOutputFile=file.png file.eps

Possibly some additional cleanup w/ GIMP...

Newer MS Office products have importers for EPS, but they still
don't do a great job...

--
begin 664 .signature
M<F5L;&E-("Y'(&-I<D4@/G1E;BYS<&I`,FUG93P)"`@("`@("`@("`@("`@(