[GRASSLIST:873] GRASS on Mac OS X

Gretchen Gallegos gallegos3 at llnl.gov
Thu Jul 31 12:22:14 EDT 2003

I am a new GRASS user. I am having a number of difficulties using
GRASS 5.0.2 on Mac OS X 10.2.6 , using Apple's X11.

I can open existing locations, but cannot create a new location. I
get an error message

  /.cshrc: No such file or directory , which is repeated ten times and then
  Error in startup script: ERROR: LOCATION_NAME not set
     while executing
"exec g.gisenv get=GISDBASE"
     invoked from within
"set env(GISDBASE) [exec g.gisenv get=GISDBASE]"
     (file "/usr/local/grass5/bin/tcltkgrass" line 12)

I tried to work around this problem by creating folders and then
setting the region with the g.region command, but the g.region dialog
box is too large and execute button will not display on my 15 inch
monitor.

Any suggestions on how to solve either of these problems would be appreciated.

Thanks, Gretchen Gallegos