[GRASSLIST:1658] s.surf.rst disk space problem

Jim Browne jbrowne at liu.edu
Mon Nov 3 16:27:09 EST 2003

This has me stumped. I know this came up on the list about 2 years ago, but
that was of little help.

   I tried running:
      s.surf.rst input=1999 elev=chl_a field=4 maskmap=water

      and several variations such as -t, dmin=10 and such. I keep getting the
error
      "File size limit exceeded"

   Afterward there is then a new file in the .tmp diectory of 2 gig. I have no
quotas. Running ulimit shows unlimited. I am running Linux with ext3.

   I even tried using 'dd if=/dev/zero of=testfile bs=1024 count=3145728' from
within the GRASS> prompt, and produced a 3 gigb file in the same .tmp
directory! I also produced a 17 gig file!

   Why if s.surf.rst stopping at 2 gig when other programs don't?

  Thank you for any insight you can provide.

                         Jim