[GRASSLIST:1753] Re: Rdbi.PgSQL

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Thu Nov 13 07:55:22 EST 2003

On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 10:11:23AM +0000, Miha STAUT wrote:
> >You are lucky: I fixed it (with help of Steno Fontanari and Dirk
> >Eddelbuettel)). There is a "new" Rdbi on BioConductor.org, but they didn't
> >Yuse our fixes and introduced two new bugs :-)
> >
> >Here are temporarily the new packages containing all fixes:
> >http://mpa.itc.it/markus/tmp/rdbi/
>

> Hi,
>
> Only after already installing the both packages I realised I have to correct
> the
> code with the bugfixes provided. Is that so?

First you have to remove the old packages, then install the new
ones (thought that was obvious).

Recheck the page above, there is a link to the new official package
(they have accepted the changes):

R CMD REMOVE Rdbi
R CMD REMOVE Rdbi.PgSQL

R CMD INSTALL Rdbi_1.0.2.tar.gz
R CMD INSTALL RdbiPgSQL_1.0.2.tar.gz

Note that you cannot use an old .RData workspace due to the name
change (Rdbi.PgSQL -> RdbiPgSQL).

> Well after trying it and for a qarter of an hour looking stupid at the code
> I decided I should wait until somebody else does that insetad of me. Or
> maybe a thorough description of replacing what
> with what would do. But this is probably more time consuming than the first
> option.
>
> If the bugs are already fixed in the code provided:
> 1. The dbWriteTable now works OK for me
> 2. The dbAppendTable does not with the following error message
> NOTICE:  current transaction is aborted, queries ignored until end of
> transaction block

Please report this to the Rdbi maintainer:
Jianhua Zhang
http://www.bioconductor.org/

Please let us know if/when they fixed it.

> At least now it did not erase the whole table in PostgreSQL.
>
> Thanks especially to Markus, Miha Staut

Cheers

 Markus