[GRASSLIST:1792] Re: i.ortho.photo on osx

Richard Greenwood Rich at GreenwoodMap.com
Mon Nov 17 23:07:00 EST 2003

Ian,

I ran into some unusual results that looked similar to yours. It was a
while ago so I forget the exact details, but I got it working correctly by
changing the Z units. My foggy recollection is that I supplied a DEM in
meters, but my horizontal units were in feet, and the results were highly
distorted. And changing everything to feet produced correct results. I you
have not solved your problem yet, I would be happy to resurrect my project
and see if I can provide a better description.

I do not think an elevation range of 540m should be a problem. I had a
project with over 1500ft that came out very nicely.

Both of the projects that I did were on Mandrake Linux, but I doubt that
your problems are rooted in OSX.

Best regards,
Rich

Richard W. Greenwood, PLS