[GRASSLIST:5118] Re: adding stream axis to dem

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at pf.pl
Fri Dec 10 12:15:34 EST 2004

> Thank you, Maciek. I have this article for time and it is well-read often.
> What it proposes is exactly what I want to do, but the article doesn't say
> anything about how to incorporate the skeleton of valleys and ridges

You can't simply input vector lines indicating valleys and ridges for *.rst
modules (nor for other interpolation modules in Grass, such a shame). But
you can do it in e.g. Catchment SIMGIS.

In *.rst it has to be a set of points along valleys and rigdes - each point
of known elevation. How to obtain such data from a topo map quick and
accurate - I don't know.

> nor how  to set a different smoothing for points, lines and input data.
5.4 s.surf.rst - smatt
5.7 v.surf.rst - scol

> Any idea using only GNU-Linux GPL software?
I'd love to know too if there is something like Catchment SIMGIS or
Topogrid/Anudem on a GPL basis. Has anybody heard of?

Best
Maciek