[GRASSLIST:5138] Re: Data file conversion

Daniel Victoria daniel.victoria at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 07:10:30 EST 2004

Nivedita,

ArcMap .mxd file is no an actual raster map, it's just a bunch of
instructions telling ArcMap which files to open (shapes and rasters).
What you will need to do is export the actual raster map you want. In
ArcMap, the raster is actually spread arround two folders. An easy way
to do this would be to export the raster as an ascii file, using the
comand gridascii on the raster calculator (must have Spatial Analyst
extension) and then import it in Grass...

Cheers
Daniel

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 12:06:28 -0500 (EST), ncandade at mail.usf.edu