[GRASSLIST:2134] Re: 5.7 and postgres on Mac OSX

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Mon Jan 5 17:41:58 EST 2004

David Orme wrote:

> I'm trying again to build grass 5.7 (from 2004_01_03 snapshots) on mac
> 10.2.8: make bails out when trying to create libgrass_vect.dylib
> because it can't locate -lpq. I've got the postgres libs and includes
> in my configure arguments and I can't work out where I'm going wrong.
> I've put the steps below - can anyone suggest what's going on?

The build system is ignoring your --with-postgres-libs= setting in
this instance (no -L/usr/local/pgsql/lib switch).

I'm not particularly familiar with the 5.7 build system, but
lib/vector/Vlib/Makefile should probably have:

	EXTRA_LIBDIRS = $(PQLIBPATH)

Either that, or EXTRA_LIBS should have:

	EXTRA_LIBS = ... $(PQLIBPATH) $(PQLIB)

rather than just $(PQLIB).