[GRASSLIST:3772] Re: unable to initialize GDAL bridge

Grant Yip yip at umail.ucsb.edu
Mon Jun 28 18:17:49 EDT 2004

Glynn, I didn't compile Grass53, I installed Grass53 using the binary from
Rich Greenwood's site.  Is there a solution for the binary install?

On a side note, I installed Grass53 from binary because I wasn't able to
compile it from source.  The './cofigure' command worked fine but was never
able use the 'make' command.  I just received an error stating that there
was nothing to make.

thanks,
Grant

At 02:45 PM 6/28/2004, Glynn Clements wrote:

>Grant Yip wrote:
>
> > Hi, I'm a grass beginner and am running into a problem with
> > r.in.gdal.  Whenever I try to import a file, I receive the following error:
> >
> > GBBridgeInitialize() failed to find an suitable GDAL .DLL/.so file.
>
>[snip]
>
> > I am running Grass53 in Cygwin in Windows XP Pro.  The version of GDAL
> that
> > I built from source is 1.2.1.  Thanks in advance.
>
>On Cygwin, you have to use the --with-gdal configure switch.
>
>--
>Glynn Clements <glynn.clements at virgin.net>

Grant Yip
Department of Geological Sciences