[GRASSLIST:4809] Re: E00 import

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Fri Nov 12 07:47:38 EST 2004

On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 08:51:40AM -0700, Trevor Wiens wrote:
> I tried v.in.org in grass 5.7 and that brought the main files and attributes in ok. However in this E00 there is a bunch of associated lookup tables and they were not brought across. I tried the e00pg for getting the attributes into PostGIS, but since there is some french text with many apostrophe's, the fields gett all messed up and will need manual editing. I'm actually thinking of changing the source to use double quotes rather than single quotes to get that attribute information to import properly. I had been hoping there was another solution.

Right now I have submitted a script 'v.in.e00' into 5.7-CVS.
It works with uncompressed and compressed E00 files, and
also with split E00 files (.e00, .e01, ... maybe a rare case).

The script uses 'avcimport' and 'v.in.ogr'.

The accented characters/umlauts I didn't test yet (no data).
Please report any problems.

You can grab the script here:
  http://freegis.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/grass51/scripts/v.in.e00/
  -> Download tarball
  and copy it into $GISBASE/scripts/

or from CVS or from the next Saturday's CVS snapshots.

Best

 Markus