[GRASSLIST:6999] Re: calculating center of intensity

Jason Horn jhorn at bu.edu
Fri Jun 3 08:17:56 EDT 2005

John,

Thanks for the response.  By center, I did not mean the geometric
centroid, rather the center of intensity based on pixel values.  For
reference, if you've ever used IDRISI, something like their CENTER
module:

"center
Compute mean center (weighted or not) of a point distribution and
standard radius (the two dimensional equivalent of a standard
deviation)."

I have worked with folks in the Geography department, and I know that
this sort of thing is relatively easy mathematically, I just wanted
to know if it was possible with GRASS 6.0 as it is.

- Jason