[GRASSLIST:7003] Re: NVIZ and tcltk8.4?

Michael Fecht michael.fecht at uibk.ac.at
Fri Jun 3 09:20:20 EDT 2005

Stephan Holl wrote:

>Hello Michael,
>
>On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 11:40:04 +0200 Michael Fecht
><michael.fecht at uibk.ac.at> wrote:
>

>>Hi all,
>>i have installed grass60 (compiled against tcltk8.4.9) under fc3.
>>When I start NVIZ, the program hangs after opening 3 windows without
>>any content.
>>Is this a problem with tcltk8.4?
>>Is there a opportunity to solve the problem without compiling grass
>>again with tcltk 8.3?
>>

>I know of a problem in Debians tcltk8.4, so perhaps there are some
>parallels. A workaround in debian is building against vresion 8.3 of
>tcltk.
>
>You only need the dev-packages of tcltk8.3 so you can safely use other
>apps which need tlctk8.4.

O.K. I have installed tcltk8.3.5 and have recompiled grass60 with
tcltk8.3 but
now i get the following error:

child killed: SIGABRT
child killed: SIGABRT
    while executing
"exec -- $cmd --tcltk"
    (procedure "execute" line 4)
    invoked from within
"execute nviz "
    invoked from within
".#menubar.#menubar#menu2 invoke active"
    ("uplevel" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"uplevel #0 [list $w invoke active]"
    (procedure "tk::MenuInvoke" line 47)
    invoked from within
"tk::MenuInvoke .#menubar.#menubar#menu2 1"
    (command bound to event)

any ideas???

Michael

--