[GRASSLIST:7339] Re: can't start GRASS 6.1 CVS (error in d.m)

Carlos Guâno Grohmann carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 07:34:15 EDT 2005

So i did, still nothing.. here goes the output...

All myy locations and mapsets are valid (I was using then a week
ago!), I even tried to create a new location, but got the same
result...

Carlos

Welcome to GRASS 6.1.cvs (2005)
GRASS homepage:                          http://grass.itc.it/
This version running thru:               shell ()
Help is available with the command:      g.manual -i
See the licence terms with:              g.version -c
Start the graphical user interface with: d.m &
When ready to quit enter:                exit
: Command not found
Closing monitors.....
Cleaning up temporary files.....
done

Goodbye from GRASS GIS

On 6/28/05, Hamish <hamish_nospam at yahoo.com> wrote:
> [cc grasslist]
>
> > Nope.
> >
> > when I hit "esc-enter", I get "goodbye from GRASS-GIS".....
> >
> > maybe I should get the next CVS and see what happens?

> > > ..
> > > ..
> > >
> > > can you start with 'grass -text' then start the GUI with "d.m"?
> ..
> > Nope.
> >
> > when I hit "esc-enter", I get "goodbye from GRASS-GIS".....
>
> dumb question: does your location exist and is the mapset valid?
>
> can you edit $GISBASE/etc/Init.sh and comment out the two "tput clear"
> lines by adding a '#' to the start of line? That will stop the clearing
> of the screen so if there is an error message you can see it.
>
> $GISBASE is source/dist.i686-pc-linux-gnu/ or where you installed GRASS.
>

> > maybe I should get the next CVS and see what happens?
>
> I don't think that would help unless you are using a very old copy.
>

> Hamish

              Carlos Henrique Grohmann - Guano
  Geologist M.Sc  - Doctorate Student at IGc-USP - Brazil
Linux User #89721  - carlos dot grohmann at gmail dot com