[GRASSLIST:8843] Re: 3d blocks in GRASS NVIZ

Nick Cahill ndcahill at facstaff.wisc.edu
Wed Nov 2 11:12:19 EST 2005

I also have had no luck importing even the simplest 3d shapes from
Microstation to GRASS. I didn't go through PostGIS, but used
v.in.ogr, which reads Microstation DGN files directly. Even simple
blocks were unpredictably located and sized. I had hoped to create
more complex 3d shapes to display in NVIZ, but gave up and am looking
for another solution. If this could be made to work in GRASS though
it would be a boon.

Nick Cahill