[GRASSLIST:8865] Re: HDF files?

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 3 17:54:10 EST 2005

> I tried to import Terra ASTER hdf files using the latest gdalwarp and
> my r.in.aster script last week, after compiling the latest version
> (1.3.1) of gdal. It still gives an error that gdal cannot read the
> projection info in the ASTER hdf's. This has been an issue since 1.2.7
> (version 1.2.6 still works fine on my Mac).
>
> I haven't tried r.in.gdal, but suspect that I'd have similar problems
> (please correct me if wrong!).

Please do try. It may help to narrow or give context to the problem.

> Is there a fix or workaround to this? All ASTERs are in WGS84, UTM
> projection (the zone varies of course).

As a first point of contact you should check the GDAL bug list:
  http://bugzilla.remotesensing.org/buglist.cgi?product=GDAL

there are a few open HDF bugs there.

After your tests and checking to see if the bug is already reported, you
could ask on the gdal-dev mailing list as someone there probably knows
the status or could have a look at what changed between 1.2.6 and 1.2.7.

http://www.gdal.org/

search the mailing list here:
  http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.gdal.devel

Hamish