[GRASSLIST:8895] orthorectification of Quickbird satellite images

Dan Gavin dgavin at uvm.edu
Fri Nov 4 18:42:55 EST 2005

Hello all:

I would like to orthorectify some high-resolution Quickbird images,
taken 20 degrees off-nadir.  They are in a mountainous region, and I
need fairly high positional accuracy.  While these images are
distributed as geoTIFFs, elevational distortions have not been
removed (their ortho product is based on a 90 meter DEM).  Searching
the list archives, I see a suggestion to use i.points3 and
i.rectify3.  Are these functions available in GRASS 6.1?  Any other
suggestions, including other software?

Many thanks,

Dan

--