[GRASSLIST:9091] Re: missing Freetype includes - can't build cvs 15.11.2005, 23:15

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 15 20:32:35 EST 2005

> > The Freetype includes not being found at configure.
> >
> > I receive an error about missing ft2build.h:
> >
> > maciek at sorbus:~/src/straight/grass6$ ./configure --with-cxx \
..
> > --with-freetype \
> > --with-freetype-includes=/usr/include/freetype2/freetype/config/

just "--with-freetype-includes=/usr/include/freetype2"

> Freetype stumped me on Ubuntu as well...I didn't pursue it yet. So I
> would be glad to hear your tweak to get it compiled.  The other thing
> I am interested in is the debian directory. What do you do to build
> the debs? Is there any advantage to the debs over sudo ./make install?

I'm not 100% sure on this, but try:

cd /usr/src/grass/grass-6.0.1/
dpkg-buildpackage

you may have to use fakeroot or otherwise run as root.

The debs are useful if you need to install grass the same on several
systems or will be doing a lot of installing/uninstalling.

Hamish