[GRASSLIST:9174] NVIZ flipping

Ian MacMillan ian_macmillan at umail.ucsb.edu
Mon Nov 21 16:33:51 EST 2005

Hi all, I don't think I have seen this issue addressed in the past
(sorry if it has already been addressed), but it is a long time problem
with nviz.  Whenever I bring my height down below my highest surface
elevation, my image flips upside down.  I can see the underside of my
surface correctly, it is just that I am viewing a mirror image of my
surface, reflected on a horizontal plane.  Once I adjust my height back
higher, the image reverts back to its regular orientation.  I have
experienced this bug since Grass 5.0, and am now using GRASS 6.1cvs.
It usually isn't a problem, however if one has multiple sub-parallel
surfaces, it is difficult to view the lower surfaces.

Has anyone else experienced this?  Is it just too complicated a bug to
fix?  Does it only happen on macs?

Thanks, Ian