[GRASS-user] howto make my srtm-dem jump the GIS gap

Rudolf Maurer rudolf.maurer at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 10 16:13:33 EDT 2006

Hey all!

> > r.out.gdal in=dem out=dem.tif cre="COMPRESS=PACKBITS" type=Int16
This works.

I still wonder why I can't produce a working Arc-Grid file...?

> > r.out.gdal in=clean_alle out=clean_test_arc type=Byte format=AAIGrid
does not work with ArcGIS 9.1: Cannot open file, Catalog can not show any data.
I tried again to safe the ascii-File in Windows-Linefeed-Mode, again
without success.
But I did not try that with the complementary .prj, will do then. (has
only one line...)

I experimented with
r.out.gdal in=clean_alle out=clean_Float32.asc type=Float32 format=AAIGrid
though the ArcGIS-Test is yet to come.
QGIS fails on this file. The Properties-Window tells me a zero Pixel-size !?
The Minimum, Maximum-Values are correct.

Any more tips for me?
Is r.out.arc obsolet now since gdal is there?

All the best
Rudy