[GRASS-user] Region definition in Grass 6.1 (and 6.1 cvs)

Jarek Jasiewicz jarekj at amu.edu.pl
Thu Aug 17 15:53:28 EDT 2006

Hi,
I compiled grass 6.1 a couple hours ago, I found that some changes were
made in the Map Display region definition. In erlier cvs version the
zoom in and the zoom out were independend form the region changing (I'm
not talking about "discrete" ragion changing during zooming and
panning). It was good and natural idea. In final 6.1 the zoom on Map
Display changes the region definition!  It works similar to 6.0 and
erliers versions of grass.

I don't know, it is bug? - it could be because the only way to change
region definition (resolution and boundaries) is to use shell comand
line. Usage a Gui from GIS manager or command line in Ouptut GIS.m gives
no effect - function work, but after "using zoom to current region set
with g.region" region parameters are still the same as in WIND file (I
mentioned it some time ago)

So, g.region from both GUI input not affect on WIND file?

regards
Jarek