[GRASS-user] Region definition in Grass 6.1 (and 6.1 cvs)

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Thu Aug 17 17:21:29 EDT 2006

Jarek Jasiewicz napisał(a):

> I compiled grass 6.1 a couple hours ago, I found that some changes were
> made in the Map Display region definition. In erlier cvs version the
> zoom in and the zoom out were independend form the region changing (I'm
> not talking about "discrete" ragion changing during zooming and
> panning). It was good and natural idea. In final 6.1 the zoom on Map
> Display changes the region definition!  It works similar to 6.0 and
> erliers versions of grass.

> I don't know, it is bug? - it could be because the only way to change
> region definition (resolution and boundaries) is to use shell comand
> line.

Sorry but I'm not sure if I understand - are you saying that gis.m's
zoom/pan tools affect current region (stored in WIND file)?

I can't reproduce that - for me this works as supposed to.

1. g.region -p
2. zoom/pan in gis.m
3. g.region -p

Does the output of 1. and 2. differ? (it shouldn't).

> Usage a Gui from GIS manager or command line in Ouptut GIS.m gives
> no effect - function work, but after "using zoom to current region set
> with g.region" region parameters are still the same as in WIND file (I
> mentioned it some time ago)

That's correct - "zoom to current region set with g.region" *should*
make gis.m's region equal to current WIND file content. What's wrong
about this?

Best,
Maciek