[GRASS-user] r.le.setup trouble

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 11 19:12:35 EST 2006

Koen Hufkens wrote:
> I'm using 6.0.2 from the ubuntu repositories.

Ok, you will need to use GRASS 6.2.x. if you want to use r.le.* as it is
somewhat broken in 6.0.2.

> I'm currently looking for a repository offering a more recent release
> but I don't seem to find one.

Jachym's; also you might try the DebianGIS experimental amd64 version:
  http://packages.debian.org/grass

or compile it yourself. my instructions are for Debian, but Ubuntu
should be near identical:
  http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/Compile_and_Install#Platform_Specific_Notes
  http://hamish.bowman.googlepages.com/debiangisfiles#compile

> generic binary packages

These are not for a debian based distro, so I worry that these could be
more problematic in the long-run due to different library naming, etc.
versus compiling it yourself.

Hamish