[GRASS-user] readline issues

Brad Douglas rez at touchofmadness.com
Tue Dec 19 17:13:56 EST 2006

On Tue, 2006-12-19 at 14:10 -0600, Jerry Nelson wrote:
> I've been commenting the with-readline=yes option out of my grass6.3
> configure command (run on a CentOS/Redhat distro) because it can't
> seem to find the library, even though I have told it where it is. But
> my question is whether and why this is necessary. My understanding is
> that readline is what makes command completion possible (in the shell,
> type a letter and readline will try to complete the word for you). It
> may also be what makes it possible to use the up and down keys to
> scroll through previous commands. In the grass command window, I can
> get previous commands, but I don't get command completion. I tried
> downloading the grass addon grass-complete but was told my bash was
> too new for it.

I had to edit the configure script to add -lncurses after -lreadline.
You may require similar modification.

Check your config.log for error messages.

If it is missing ncurses, you can run the following:
sed -i 's/-lreadline/-lreadline -lncurses/g' configure

--
Brad Douglas <rez touchofmadness com>                    KB8UYR/6
Address: 37.493,-121.924 / WGS84    National Map Corps #TNMC-3785