[GRASSLIST:10152] OGUG Presents GRASS and ARCGIS Thesis Comparison

Dave Sampson dr.sampson at sympatico.ca
Sat Feb 4 15:03:04 EST 2006

The Ottawa GRASS Users group is continuing hard to bring together a mass
of GRASS resources. We have been anxiously awaiting the completion of a
masters thesis comparing and contrasting GRASS and ArcGIS.  Other
comparisons are hard to come by.

"A thesis written by Todd Buchanan for the degree of Master of Science;
Objective - characterize and contrast advantages and disadvantages of
ArcGIS 9.0 and GRASS 6.0 for application involving land use
classification analysis."

Check it out in our GRASS papers area.
http://cemml.carleton.ca:8080/OGUG/ogug-community/grass-papers/

If you have some research papers, OGUG would be happy to host them. Log
in and join the community.

This document could be a great addition to a business or research case
for using GRASS for particular purposes. And if you have comments to
make, go ahead with the comment features.

Thanks for the hard work Todd and congratulations

Cheers