[GRASSLIST:10185] v.in.gpsbabel in cvs

Juan Miguel Garijo saldinet at yahoo.es
Tue Feb 7 11:51:54 EST 2006

Helo,
 First question:
 When I compile grass-6.1.cvs_src_snapshot_2006_02_02, v.in.gpsbabel d'nt appear in the carpet /usr/../scripts. I must copy from de cvs carpet. Is that normal?

 second:
 v.in.gpsbabel input=/dev/ttyS0 format=garmin -v -t file=/dev/ttyS0
  goes fine for tracks.
 but v.in.gpsbabel input=/dev/ttyS0 format=garmin -v -w file=/dev/ttyS0
   for waypoints no, message:
 "Uploading Waypoints from GPS
 GPSBabel Version: 1.2.7
 XCSV cannot open '/usr/local/grass-6.1.cvs/etc/grass_write_ascii.style' for read.
  Error was 'No such file or directory'.
 v.in.gpsbabel: Error retrieving data"
 What to do?

 last:
 can someone tell me in a clear fasion (for no linux esperts) how to arrange  questions for stable permissions of /dev/ttyS0 safer than "chmod a+rw /dev/ttyS0" every time?

 I use the last cvs in Suse10.0.
 Thanks. Next month I have a course " data survey with GPS" and I would like to make it ALL with free software. I promiss to make public course's docs (in spanish...) if I get it.

 Juan Miguel Garijo
 FOREM- Navarra
 Pamplona  -Spain-

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.