[GRASSLIST:10540] Re: Labels and ps.map

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Thu Feb 23 23:39:58 EST 2006

Nick,

Point vector attribute display in d.m and gis.m is done by d.labels--with
original labels file prepared by v.label (or by hand).

There is a fair amount of control over the display possible. However, the
labels ultimately are rendered to the screen as rasters. Gis.m can output
the screen to EPS or a postscript device now (if you have ghostscript
installed). However, it is output as a postscript bitmap/raster image. If
you make your map display larger, it might give you higher resolution in the
final EPS.

Michael
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ 85287-2402