[GRASSLIST:10617] ARC FLOWDIRECTION vs GRASS

Jonathan Greenberg jgreenberg at arc.nasa.gov
Mon Feb 27 20:31:33 EST 2006

I'm trying to replicate preparation of data for the DHSVM hydro model in
GRASS following an AML script, and I'm a bit confused why every GRASS module
with flow direction computation produces a different output than the ARC one
-- they even differ between themselves (e.g. r.watershed and r.terraflow).
Does anyone know of a flow direction computation that produces the EXACT
same outputs as ARC?  I'm not "judging" which one is better, I'm just trying
to follow as closely as possible the first time around the "idealized"
algorithm.

--j

--

Jonathan A. Greenberg, PhD