[GRASSLIST:9703] Re: still have problem with volume visualization

Stefan Istvan stefi at geohidroterv.hu
Tue Jan 3 08:58:51 EST 2006

2005-12-23, p keltezéssel 17:11-kor Markus Neteler ezt írta:
> On Fri, Dec 23, 2005 at 10:29:49AM +0100, Stefan Istvan wrote:
> > Hello List Members,
> >
> > please somebody help me visualizing volmues.
> > I created a rast3D type volume map, and I would like to see it in nviz.
> > But adding to nviz a volume has no effect at all. I see nothing.
> > Is there a tutorial about this topic?
> >
> > Thanks,
>
> Istvan,
>
> I have added a draft new volume manual page to the
> NVIZ help menu in CVS [1]. It should also arrive on
> the Web server by tomorrow.
>
> Meanwhile you may try the Slovakia3D data set
> with these instructions:
>
>  http://mpa.itc.it/grasstutor/data_menu2nd.phtml
>  -> Slovakia precipitation data (Chapter 7)
>     slovakia3d.tar.gz
>
>  http://mpa.itc.it/grasstutor/data7/slovakia3d_readme.txt
>

> Markus
>
> [1] visualization/nviz/html/nviz_panel_vol.html
>     (someone may extend it)

Hello,
thank you for the help. I downloaded the slovakian dataset, and I
managed to visualize volumes in nviz.
But with my datas I still have problem.
Maybe if someone would try to load it into Grass and see what is wrong
with it, it would be a great help for me.

http://mail.geohidroterv.hu/tokolB.tgz
(it's rather big, ~20M)

Thank you,
Istvan