[GRASSLIST:9746] Re: Add 3D Values

Dylan Beaudette dylan.beaudette at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 12:50:22 EST 2006

Great.

There are a couple ways of doing this.

one such method:
1. create points along your line segment with v.to.points [1]
2. copy elevation attribute from line to points
3. dump points and attributes as text
4. process with your favorite graphing app

[1] see manual for the details on this command- note that it will create an
attribute 'along' which is a measure of the distance along the line you are
interested in.

cheers,

Dylan

--