[GRASSLIST:9805] Solved: way to drop column in sqlite3

wqual wolfgang.qual at gmx.net
Thu Jan 12 08:00:36 EST 2006

Hi list,
I just found out that there is a way to drop columns in sqlite. It is not this
alter table drop column command, but another one [1]

"BEGIN TRANSACTION;
CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE t1_backup(a,b);
INSERT INTO t1_backup SELECT a,b FROM t1;
DROP TABLE t1;
CREATE TABLE t1(a,b);
INSERT INTO t1 SELECT a,b FROM t1_backup;
DROP TABLE t1_backup;
COMMIT;"

It's obvious that this is a little bit complex. But if you use sqlitebrowser,
you will find under -->modify table  a button "remove field".

Best regards,

Wolfgang

[1] http://www.sqlite.org/faq.html#q13