[GRASSLIST:10014] Re: Filling with flood

Māris Nartišs maris.nartiss at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 07:22:19 EST 2006

Hi,

1) as it is my first piece of C code, could somebody look on it. Any
suggestions = welcome;

2) specifying seed as x,y pair is in my planed feature list. Still
possibility to use raster map as seed is important, cuz seed must be
at least one cell with value>0, so it can be already existing lake
map, also output from previous module runs. It is possible to create
cool anime with water level falling :)

3) next week I will have to present this module at local conference[1]
and I will need some cool presentation stuff. Thanks for idea about
flooding city in 3D. If I will manage to create such anime, I will
give it for putting on GRASS site.

4) before adding this module to CVS, I want to i) add blue gradient to
output map (see commented code at end of module source); ii) add
ability to set seed as x,y. As now seems that ice age is over, I will
be able to work at home to add those features (last week air
temperature at my room was about +10C, cuz outside temperature was
below -30C).

tnx for ideas, interest,
Maris.

[1] http://www.lu.lv/petnieciba/konferences/lu64/ (in Latvian) ~=
"University of Latvia 64. scientific conference"