[GRASS-user] [GRASSLIST:1149] Re: Attribute editing

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 6 09:01:21 EDT 2006

Hardeep Singh Rai wrote:

> I am trying to learn GRASS using spearfish data.
>
> On using "d.what.vect -e map=roads" and after clicking on map, it
> display information, but, I am not able to edit category number in
> that. Manual says that -e option will open form in edit mode. Where I
> am wrong?
>
> Also I am not able to query using following:
>
>  echo "select * from roads" | db.select
>
> It throws following error:
>
> DBMI-DBF driver error:
> Table 'roads' doesn't exist.
> Error in db_open_select_cursor()

you can not change maps that are in the PERMANENT mapset.

make a local copy first,

g.copy vect=roads,roads_local

and check if a DB connection exists for the map:

G61 > v.db.connect -p roads
Vector map <roads> is connected by:
layer <1> table <roads> in database </home/hamish/grassdata/spearfish60/PERMANENT/dbf/> through driver <dbf> with key <cat>

Hamish