[GRASS-user] Re: [GRASSLIST:1148] Attribute editing

RAVI KUMAR ravivundavalli at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 6 10:16:36 EDT 2006

Hi Rai,
1. You have to check the edit box in the Display manager (DM).
    Then you can simple enter the attribute from Key board.
User permissions of Linux also my come in the way. See that you have
permission to write on the file.
2. You second DB related proble is not clear Pl.
You can goto the dataset and open the *.dbf files in open office too
for any modification. This is acceptable to GRASS.
Cheers
Ravi Kumar

Hardeep Singh Rai <hardeep at eml.cc> wrote: I am trying to learn GRASS using spearfish data.

On using "d.what.vect -e map=roads" and after clicking on map, it
display information, but, I am not able to edit category number in that.
Manual says that -e option will open form in edit mode. Where I am
wrong?

Also I am not able to query using following:

 echo "select * from roads" | db.select

It throws following error:

DBMI-DBF driver error:
Table 'roads' doesn't exist.