[GRASS-user] [GRASSLIST:1148] Attribute editing

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at epf.pl
Thu Jul 6 12:42:33 EDT 2006

On Thu, 06 Jul 2006 05:01:06 -0700
"Hardeep Singh Rai" <hardeep at eml.cc> wrote:

> I am trying to learn GRASS using spearfish data.
>
> On using "d.what.vect -e map=roads" and after clicking on map, it
> display information, but, I am not able to edit category number in
> that.

You can't edit a category number. You can only edit attributes (besides
the key column, usually and by default called "cat"). Category is a
unique vector feature ID - if you could edit it, you would loose
connection between the vactor feature and it's attributes in table.
Read: http://grass.itc.it/grass61/manuals/html61_user/vectorintro.html

Maciek