[GRASS-user] Re: proximity mapping / site clustering

Dylan Beaudette dylan.beaudette at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 19:07:17 EDT 2006

One more example for fun...

#see previous email in thread by D.E.B.

# add in cost derived from slope map, and distance to some initial point
b_start:
echo "596204.6875|4917668.75" | v.in.ascii  out=b_start
r.cost in=slope out=b_cost start_points=b_start stop_points=bugsites -k

#add this to bugsites att tables
echo "ALTER TABLE bugsites add column s_cost double" | db.execute
v.what.rast vect=bugsites rast=b_cost column=s_cost

#export busgites
v.out.ascii.db in=bugsites out=bugsites.xy columns='s_cost'

# similar R commands, but standardize the data frame prior to partitionin
around medoid approach:

y.pam <- pam(y, 5, stand=TRUE)

#yields slightly different results. note red 'dot' is the location of some
arbitrary starting point ' b_start'
http://169.237.35.250/~dylan/temp/spatial_clustering_idea2-cost.png

Seriously, I really wish that GRASS, R, PostGIS, etc. weren't so damn
flexible - then I would stick to my work instead of trying out things like
this!

Cheers,

Dylan

--